hey--just saw this! congrats!
Hi Kaybee!! Thanks!! :)
Originally Posted by kaybee
How is everything with you?
What do you tent to eat etc.... Did you have your blood test done yet.
I continue to pray for you and knowing that all is well.
Blessings and love
-Raw Angel Mom
“Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.”
– Saint Maximilian Kolbe
ps: I was a lost sheep and i returned to the Catholic Faith. Please kindly discern any spiritual guidance by myself prior to October 1, 2012.
I am sooooo happy for you and your husband Eva!! Congratulations!!
Its so awesome to hear what RAW can do!
Please keep us posted on your 'raw pregnancy menu'!!
Lots of hugs!!
one of my best friends is vegan and almost 100 percent raw, but she was definitely all organic during her pregnancy and said delivery was so easy! She was in labor for all of three hours and afterward she said that women are crazy for thinking giving birth is so hard. Its all about diet and the right mental state.
"Strangely, man loves his mental fog more than he loves the effort which could dissolve it."
"If heaven existed as a physical building on earth, human beings would remodel it to make it right."
Oh, oh, oh. I ought to print this out and tape it to the wall! lol! I hope I will be so lucky!! I have a good feeling... but gah... I hear sometimes about healthy women with 37-hour labors too. And I think. Oh. My. Gracious. I would die! lol!
Originally Posted by freespirit
No really, though. This is good info! I need to hear the good stuff! lol!
A little update. :)
I'm holding fast with raw food! I'm finding that adding the water from a fresh young coconut every day is helping me with hunger. So perhaps I am simply in need of FAR more water AND food than normal. It's helping to hydrate me wonderfully.
I'm also sprouting amaranth and quinoa daily to add to my diet, which is helping me to get some bulk in. I miss buckwheat, which I will be getting on my next visit to the USA in just 8 days (whoot whoot!) when I get to see my momma for a couple weeks!
On a negative note, this is the first time since going raw that my skin has been in poor condition. I have maybe 12? 15? pimples that are ugly as all get out on my face. It's an annoyance I haven't dealt with for many years, but it's all good. I'm working on reducing my stress, getting more sunshine, more water, and using natural products on my face. I'm hoping that will continue to help.
I've been drinking 1-2 liters of green smoothies daily, so thankfully I know I'm getting a good amount of greens to help flush my body. My colon's pretty healthy ;) so I am surprised at this. It might just be the hormonal fluctuations, so I'm also looking forward to some balancing foods like miso and maca when I get to the states.
Ooh yay congrats! you will be a great raw mommy!
yep raw food and fertility -- definitely something there ;) I went 100% raw 9 months before I became pregnant and stayed raw thru the 6th month, but was high raw to the end. natural birth, no meds, breastfeed, and he LOVES raw food and esp. green smoothies - he will be 2 next month. just healthy and cute and charming as can be. and he has the raw glow :) heheee! oh you will do wonderfully!
Blessings and have fun!
"PERSEVERANCE - Sometimes success is just a matter of hanging on"
Certified Living on Live Food Instructor (Teach Levels1&2)
My Road to Raw
highest wt: 206lbs (pregnant April 09)
goal wt: 138 (train for a fitness show 100% raw)
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!!
Originally Posted by okorolina40
Thanks for sharing! SO excited! This is exactly what I want for us. What you have! lol!
Posted in another thread but may as well add here...
Sandals, I'm now 6.5 weeks pregnant and eating an all raw diet. Here are some things I would like to pass on, although of course this is my first pregnancy so I'm not the top expert or anything!
- Hydration is of utmost importance. Drinking 8 glasses of water is not enough.
- Coconut water from FRESH coconuts is more hydrating than spring water. I am drinking one daily and seeing IMMENSE benefits from it.
- Green smoothies are a must. Well, if possible. HUGE amounts of iron that she can assimilate.
- (I personally am drinking a MINIMUM of a liter of green smoothies per day, sometimes as much as 2+ liters as I desire it.)
- She needs rest if she's tired. If it means working less and her husband/partner helping around the house, that's what needs to happen. No way around it. Her body is making a whole HUMAN, and it takes a lot of work.
- This is NOT the time to give in to junk food "b/c she's pregnant". I don't know why that is an expectation. I gave in twice, once was a planned experiment that I didn't even finish, and once was my first craving. I had the idea that I needed to follow my cravings. The fact is, though, I felt AWFUL both times and felt instinctively that this was not a good idea. Building a baby on the foundation of crappy food and heavy detox is Not A Good Idea.
- Her body is creating toxins and hormones she is not accustomed to. Thus the importance of hydration and smoothies, but on top of it light and regular exercise is a must. Vigorous exercise is, from my understanding, ONLY a good idea if she is already VERY accustomed to it. And even so, taking it down a notch is a good idea b/c so much energy is going to baby.
Today's food so far: Just drinks. I had the water from two BIG young coconuts as well as a small sugar-cane juice (raw, natural, but heavy on natural sugar) with some fresh lime added. Off to grab an orange-lime juice and a green smoothie from Carlos's cafe. He was kind enough to hold my hand and walk with me at the farmers market, but I imagine he is busy enough at the cafe that he won't be coming here to fan me and privately cater all my meals today!
Raw Food Talk is a friendly forum brought to you by Alissa Cohen. You can find various living & raw food diet
merchandise such as her new book or CD on her website at www.alissacohen.com
. The Raw Food Talk forum is a great place to meet friends, share raw recipes, find advice and more. The forum is broken into different categories. The "Raw & Living Foods Discussion"
is for general chat about the raw diet. The Recipes and Food Preparation
is where you can discuss and exchange vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, & other raw recipes. "Exercise and Fitness While Raw"
is for advice, tips, training and more while you are on a raw diet. "Juicing, Sprouting, and Organic Gardening"
is for discussion related to juicing & juicers, sprouting, organic gardening & wild edible foods. "Raw Events and Classifieds"
is for posting events, products, and advertisements. These are just some of the different topics you will find being discussed in the Raw Food Talk forum. Come on in and meet some new friends.