Let's Talk Raw with Raw Mom, Jinjee Talifero
Jinjee started eating a raw diet 16 years ago. Her before and afters show her weight loss transformation. Her and Storm's family is 100% raw-vegan and thriving! On their site they share their photos and stories, photos of the kids growing up raw, and videos of raw vegan cuisine being prepared. They offer 15 raw food ebooks with simple, nutritious recipes and raw lifestyle tips, and a DVD visit with their family and their raw food diet! You'll find lots more there, so you might like to bookmark or tag them and come back again. You can also join over 18,000 others who have signed up for their free Daily Raw Inspiration email!
The Garden Diet
that sounds splendid! I listened to your 1st interview with her and am definitely going to listen to this one too :) Thanks for letting us know
Thanks Rev! I too, enjoyed your first interview with her. I really enjoy and admire Jinjee and the family. I get Daily Raw Inspirations...this was today's:
I looked up "How to Find Your Bliss" online, and found this on WikiHow.....It doesn't really help with my question, which was about finding our calling, as this is more about how to be happy, - but I quite liked it anyway....Happiness is Health after all! -- But, beyond all this good stuff below, I realized yesterday that being around people who are in love with life and focused on God is the best thing for my "happiness health!"
"How To Find Your Bliss".....
1. Be grateful for being alive. A lot of people are too busy grumbling about things to be happy for life. Life is precious and daily recognition of your luck in being here is a must.
2. Count your friends. Whether you have two or twenty, every friend is precious. Let them know how much they mean to you - with compliments and kind words. They are an important part of your bliss, just as you are a part of theirs.
3. Read biographies. When great people who have impressed you have written about their lives, or someone else has written about them, you will get lots of tips and information on how to live life right.
4. Seek bliss deliberately. Don't let life's knocks squash you. Things are not always going to work the way you want to. Deal with that and don't lose your calm. Seek the silver lining and remember that you are wonderful and deserve your bliss.
5. Be a kind and fascinating person. When you are kind and listen well, others will gravitate to you. Practice kind thoughts everyday. If you feel anger, irritation or frustration, it is time to seek ways to deal with these feelings. Let the calm of life blow through you.
6. Be blissful. When you are happy, you are attractive, fun and enjoyable to be with. You are content with your lot and you are stable in your life's choices.
Actually, I've done two with her on Rawkin' Radio.
Thanks for sharing "Bliss", Shine. Hmmm. I USE to get her daily inspirations. Gotta check some folders. Might be in there.
they gave a good website..he is amazing looking for late 50's, I believe. kids are gorgeous. We hope to get to CA one day & visit them.
OOooo, a second Jinjee interview I haven't come across??! I swear, coming across some interviews as I explore Rawkin' Radio. is like finding little presents!!
Originally Posted by Revvell
He's actually 60+ now. I'll see if I can remember to get his exact age when we speak this evening. I think he's my age.
Originally Posted by margoss
The whole family is truly beautiful and amazing.
I admire them for being strong in what they believe in.
They really are a very inspiring bunch and given me a lot of faith by "going green and raw lifestyle" as a family in our society can be done and achieved with an awesome attitude. :)
... and, I love what they're doing to build a whole community. In our interview last night she was saying that many in the community they are building wont be raw (spouses of raw folk) yet, support those who are. It's a HUGE endeavor to create what they are creating ~ building homes from scratch, all green, etc.
We also talked about the children's journey, especially Raven's who rebelled for awhile about being "different"... we talked about Victoria and how she's teaching her children to cook and why... GREAT interview!
Tags for this Thread
Raw Food Talk is a friendly forum brought to you by Alissa Cohen. You can find various living & raw food diet
merchandise such as her new book or CD on her website at www.alissacohen.com
. The Raw Food Talk forum is a great place to meet friends, share raw recipes, find advice and more. The forum is broken into different categories. The "Raw & Living Foods Discussion"
is for general chat about the raw diet. The Recipes and Food Preparation
is where you can discuss and exchange vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, & other raw recipes. "Exercise and Fitness While Raw"
is for advice, tips, training and more while you are on a raw diet. "Juicing, Sprouting, and Organic Gardening"
is for discussion related to juicing & juicers, sprouting, organic gardening & wild edible foods. "Raw Events and Classifieds"
is for posting events, products, and advertisements. These are just some of the different topics you will find being discussed in the Raw Food Talk forum. Come on in and meet some new friends.