My little home is completely shaded under old growth trees in Oregon, very beautiful but there's a price to pay. I'm only a few miles from the ocean and live in damp conditions. And it seems to be an unusually humid summer here.
So, I have a Japanese version of a mortor and pestle, a suribachi and I can't remember what the wooden stick is called.
The wood didn't dry properly after being washed and has mold on it. I mean, it just sprung out of nowhere. It looks like I need to do some work with bleach in general and I suppose the spores are in the air. But obviously I don't want to bleach the stick. So, I tossed it in the dehydrator after scrubbing it, and scrubbing it didn't really remove it; it's like embedded into it. Bummer, and kinda gross.
Any holistic treatments for mold under these circumstances? Thanks