10 (or more) Daily Appreciations
I started this on another site almost 2 years ago. I've found it's a GREAT way to start, continue and/or end the day. EVERYONE can find 10 things to appreciate in their lives no matter how low or depressed they are ~ if they wish to. Simple things like hot/cold running water; the sun is shining; a roof over my head, etc.
How this works is, start with a "sentence stem", then list at least 10 things you appreciate and or are thankful for.
Here's one beginning:
On this wonderfully sunny day in my lil corner of paradise I am appreciating:
1) I woke up and got up under my own power one more time.
2) hearing the birds singing
3) Bo is home with me as a "permanent resident"
4) Alissa Cohen for making this wonder-filled site for all to support each other in their on-going raw aliveness
5) Bo's ongoing love and support of my endeavors
6) the internet for all I've found to do on it and all it can do
7) the internet for without it, I'd not have found Bo ~ or him, me.
8) the fragrance of the candles I made last night
9) that Bo got me started creating income doing other things I enjoy
10) this beautiful home we just moved into
Of to another wonder-filled day ~
Injoy and eternal-harmony ~
Now, it's YOUR turn! What are you thankful for? Who or what do you appreciate? :)
On this peaceful, warm night, as I sit inside my office with my baby Mandy at my feet and my hubby snoring softly in the next room, I am thankful for:
1. My mother's love, which never leaves me for a minute even though she is 1100 miles away.
2. All my dear new friends on this board.
3. My husband's patience, calm, reassurance and support of my work and whatever I set my mind to do.
4. Our shared love of growing delicious fruits and veggies in our garden.
5. My little Mandy who shows me every day what true, unconditional love really is.
6. My difficult brother, who gives me the opportunity to develop patience, tolerance and acceptance.
7. My other brother and his wife, who will give me a nephew in just a few days.
8. My bed, with it's mound of covers and tons of soft pillows that I almost feel guilty sleeping in because of the millions of people who sleep on the ground.
9. My kick ass new powder blue summer wedges.
10. The fact that in less than 3 weeks I will return home for the first time in 18 months and be able to stroke the soft hair of my baby sister as she sits there rolling her eyes.
What a truly wonderful idea, thanks Revvel,
I totally appreciate:
1. Every breath I take on this plane of manifestation and learning
2. My beloved Dragggon, my partner, my soulmate, my best friend
3. My beloved son,who was born when I was 15, and grew up by my side, and to this day, we are dear friends
4. My beloved granddaughters, all 5 gorgeous, intelligent young little psychic witches
5. My Draggon Doggin, who is my familiar, and Shadow Spirit who is Dragggon's familiar, and all the wild critters and creatures that live in,on or near out lake.
6. My mom, who passed away 20 years ago, and raised me to be independant, and to take care of myself.
7. My Grandpa Dick, and Grandma Pearl who loved me for me, not what I could do with my art or my psychic abilities
8. All my friends and foes in this lifetime, who have taught me so much
9. My psychic and artistic tallent, that I am so grateful to have this lifetime.
10.My "inner knowingness" of what path I am on in this life, that changes when I must move on to new and different adventures.
the people on this great website!!!!
the opportunities I have been able to receive so early in life!
the enviroment which i grew up in -although judgmental,stressed and controlling -supportive of learning and caring (oxy moron i know)
my pony dutch!!!!
the horse shows I have been allowed to compete in (so many little girl's dream)
not breaking my neck on my trying pony ::::knocks on wood::::
the many animal spirits I have been allowed to meet throughout my life
the fact that my parents support my raw foodism
the fact that I have survived alot of injuries!
The WONDERFUL freinds I have met in this lifetime!
fairies eat raw!
RAW not WAR!
"Fairies Are For Real-We ALL have wings ,some are grey and torn by our own ignorance -but they are repaired and illuminated when our own barriers are replaced by passages "
On another fabulous day in my lil corner of Paradise, I am appreciating ~
1) all the folk who've joined in on this thread to make it what it is :)
2) this life, his love
3) that we got THIS house ~ surrounded in beauty
4) the container is coming this a.m. and this part of the transition will be done! yayyyyy!
5) people who return biz phone calls
6) that one can get an extension on the phone
7) our freedom to be who we are with each other
8) my enchiladas came out terrificly!
9) how he support me so totally
10) the funds came in to pay for the container
11) options and opportunities
12) we're going to a new restaurant tomorrow to meet new raw folk
13) all the things I have to be thankful for
14) we can go outside nekkid in privacy
15) someone will take care of the dinner I co-ordinate every month
17) by the time I get home this a.m., the container will be here and unloaded
19) how easy it was for Bo to get through Immigration despite what so many said
20) Bo's mum is learning English so she can talk to me next time we go to Dk
21) Bo's mum wants to learn to eat the way I do after seeing how well he looks
22) the beauty that surrounds us
Off to another wonder-filled day ~
On this sunny a.m. I am appreciating ~
1) the container arrived and we had help to unload it
2) having had a case of organic oj and being able to make it for our helpers
3) BjÃ¸rn's happiness, kisses and funny expressions
4) another juicer order
5) my new bodywork chair
6) options and opportunities
7) waking up this a.m. and feeling good
8) sleeping on our "new" bed which came in from Dk
9) we chose not to do the markets on Thursday and Friday
10) having the morning off to make stuff and organize other stuff
11) being able to find things
12) having fun situating our home
13) people are getting to "know" us and what we're about
14) raw enchiladas and chili rellenos yesterday
15) His beautiful blue eyes
16) my robe
17) having Harry so close so we can drop off our cars when/if needed
18) our abundance
19) we'll never run out of glasses
20) He's willing to eliminate some stuff
Off to make some fizzies, then to a raw restaurant for dinner to meet some other raw foodies. :)
Injoy and eternal-harmony ~
On this great Saterday morning I am thankful for..
1) To my God above.
2) A wonderful, loving, kind husband
3)The chance to further my education
4) The sun the touches my face everyday.
5) The internet, so I can meet wonderful people
6) A great mother and father
8) The freedom to do as I choose in this world
9) NATURE. Trees, Grass, flowers, ex...I LOVE NATURE
10) Once again ..My Wonderful Husband, who I love very much...
On a rather early, still dark a.m. I am appreciating ~
1) getting to the restaurant, finding Diana there, meeting Sharon and having a wonderful meal
2) the drive to and from the restaurant was relatively easy
3) the internet without which I'd not have met Bo
4) that the waiting for him to come and live here is over
5) he's willing to support me in all that I do
6) the joy we find in each other's company
7) he was up late last night making labels for today
8) another opportunity today to share our products and our biz
9) his creativity
10) this life, his love
11) options and opportunities
12) I chose to live
This early a.m. I am appreciating ~
1) the VERY busy day we had yesterday
2) giving up the space we had to go set up under the trees
3) all the folk we met and interacted with
4) seeing Jamie from another forum we were at and Tonya ~ the dancer from two weeks ago ~ who actually purchased stuff, left and came back for more!
5) all the folk who signed our book to be notified of classes/retreats
6) Bo supports me in doing this
7) our name and what we do is getting out there
8) we'd brought leftovers from Au Lac to sustain us and weren't too far from Leonor's for after
9) how well we both slept
10) our health
12) this life, his love and support
13) all who contribute to this thread so I can read about more joy :)
Off to another wonder-filled day in Paradise ~
On this overcast a.m. I am appreciating ~
1) having one more night sleeping with him beside me
2) having someone to miss when he's gone
3) having some time alone
4) sleeping all night long
5) waking and getting up under my own power
6) the abundance of oranges we have on our counter
7) this life
8) we've chosed to take this weekend off and re-organize/re-group
9) that now that "his" stuff has come, he's really here
10) this part of the transition will be over soon
Out and about in another wonder-filled day ~
OH REVVELL - I need this post so much.
So in the midst of the darkness that is really attempting to overtake me, I am appreciative and thankful for:
1. A God who only wants to serve me
2. A life of abundance
3. For my pains and sorrows as I know a new door is opening as one closes
4. For my family
5. Living in the woods and in a home that I prayed for
6. People who care about me and LOVE me when I can't love me
7. For the cute pedicure I just received
8. The ability to read and seeing this thread to help me come out of this funk
9. Learning not to let other people hurt me
10. Being alive!
I didn't know this was to be a daily thread, so here goes.
1. Life as a human being
2. My beloved Dragggon -- soulmate -- companion -- lover -- friend
3. My beloved Draggon doggin -- my personal familiar -- and best friend next to the other Dragggon
4. The ability to see
5. My ability to draw and paint
6. Psychic awareness
7. Unlimited abundance from the Universe
8. My committed and personal choice of rawness -- 91 days so far
9. Being able to purchase what Dragggon really wanted for his birthday
10. Our new Sauna, and Hot tub
I am learning my weaknesses and in them I grow strong - today I am I am grateful and appreactive because:
1. I woke up this morning to a bright and sunny day
2. My healing is evolving mentally, spiritually and physically
3. My focus is better
4. I am not broken, just a little brusied
5. Moving from my comfort zone
Sweet Lips, I'm hoping this assists you cuz, no matter how dark life may seem ~ having something to appreciate can bring a little lite into one's life. :)
THIS a.m. I am appreciating ~
1) having emptied 7 boxes yesterday
2) he's gone for a couple of days ~ a bit of alone time brings more appreciation for "together" time
3) hearing his voice before going to bed last night
4) the sun is coming out
5) bathrobes ~ and lots of them! :)
6) good food
7) this house
8) the transition continues
9) hot and cold running water
10) good friends
Off to enjoy some hot and cold water ~
I end this day with appreciation and thanks and especially the well wishes from REVVELL!!!!! because
1. I am not alone
2. Learning to look within for grace not without from others
3. Got an excalibur from a wonderful person
4. Bought fresh veggies and fruit for my recommittment ceremony
5. Rededicating myself to 100% raw
6. Don't have as many misspelled words as usual, but this only #6
7. Laughed with my hubby while he relaxed in the jaccuzi
8. Have a sister-in-law that I like
9. Yes, I have began to see her soul
10. For choosing to change