Here is a list of directions, compiled from posts of our Admin and some of the wonderful members here! :)
How to Setup a Journal/Blog for the 30-Day Challenge:
1. In the (horizontal) green menu bar, select the “Blogging” drop down menu...the menu bar will have the following:
User CP FAQ Members List Calendar Blogging New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out
2. From the list of options, select “Set Up Your Own Blog”
3. A title for your blog with your username is entered by default, if you would like to change this you may do so – keep in mind that there is a 20 character limit to the title. Enter a description for your blog and then check or uncheck your selections in “Blog Options”. Save your settings.
4. In the left-hand column, “Blog Manager” you will see the option to “Manage Blocks”. The blocks are the visible blocks of information about your blog shown to you and your visitors. Click on “Manage Blocks” and you will notice by default the options are disabled. Uncheck the disable boxes and set the locations of the options you want to enable to “Right” (they will be already set to “Top”). We recommend enabling the following blocks - About Me, Calendar and Search. You can play around with customizing your blog.
5. To begin making blog entries, just choose “Create New Entry” from the Blogging or Blog Tools drop down menu.
---As a pre-caution, please make sure to BACKUP (copy to a word document on your computer) all your blog posts.---
WARNING: If you ever decide to delete your blog, please do so cautiously because EVERYTHING (all entries, comments, etc.) will be lost and unable to be restored!
Adding Photos to Your Blog:
Currently the option to upload images is missing - this will also be added in a few days. Until then, here is how you can add photos to your blog…(Apparantly this ONLY works once when you create a new entry but this is only temporary!)
1. Sign up on a site like Photobucket.com, it’s FREE.
2. Upload the photos from your computer into your album on Photobucket.
3. Copy the URL for the photo you want to use (they put it under the photo).
4. When you're doing a new blog entry, paste the URL you just copied into the place for the photo URL.
If you get a message saying your photo is too large and you’re using Photobucket or similar service, in order to resize the photo…
On top of your photo there's and "edit" option. Click that, and one of the options to edit it is "resize".