Hey MRD...I had posted a question not too long ago asking about whether problems with teeth had been helped on raw, and got a lot of responses from people whose teeth have gotten worse. One person posted this response (below). Maybe you could give his advice a try...
"This is a SERIOUS matter!
I HAVE to write this post. Some of you will be upset and some maybe angry.
But you will thank me afterwards for saving your teeth!
You can get wonderful strong teeth on raw food or you can destroy them. The choice is yours.
There are no 100% perfect raw food program yet.
All is a wonderful, global raw food experiment going on.
I feel real sorry for all these threads in different forums about dental problems on raw. Completely wasted time.
Miles of facts about teeth decay on raw food are already written for the Internet. Go and find them! Please, google.
You can't find the truth in discussion forums. Nobody wants to be impopular by telling you the sad truth,
and nobody wants to hear the truth in mainly emotionally driven support forums,
with implicit tendencies to ignore or suppress real facts not fitting in their personal raw model.
If you want to DESTROY your teeth on raw:
1. Eat only fruit, be a fruitarian, 100% if possible.
2. The best fruits are sweet and acidic, like citrus fruits and apples.
3. Blend or juice the fruits.
4. Save time, stay away from chewing.
5. Eat often.
6. Always brush your teeth with toothpaste after eating, the earlier the better.
7. Bleeding gum? Good sign, you are on track.
8. Your teeth tips are going transparent? Good sign, you are on track.
9. Your teeth are cracking? Good sign, you are on track.
10.You have succeed!
The acids soften the dental enamel. When you brush your teeth, the abradant in the toothpaste creates the enamel damage.
The sugar is a perfect food for teeth damaging bacteria.
Fruits ar low in minerals, this weakens the teeth, and the bacteria take the mineral from the teeth.
Bleeding means that leukocytes are transported to the local spot to fight the colony of bacteria.
Minerals and other substances from the blood are also deposited for the tooth reparation.
If you want to STRENGTEN your teeth on raw:
1. Cut down on fruit.
2. Combine fruit with mineral rich food, especially greens: green smoothie every day.a
3. Chew as much as possible, at least one real chewing meal every day. Chewing strengthens the teeth enamel in several ways. It's fascinating knowledge.
4. Rinse you mouth with water after the meal.
5. Brush with ONLY water.
6. Floss your teeth.
7. Your salive repairs the softened enamel within one hour. The salive has a wonderful composition for an optimal and rapid reparation of the enamel softening.
8. Brush your teeth with a good toothpaste at bedtime.
The thruth is out there on the net go and find it!
Keywords: raw food, raw vegan, fruitarian, enamel, tooth decay, etc."