Ok so just to reiterate...my daughter has been getting very sick ever since we started raw eating 5 months ago. She would suddenly get a fever out of nowhere and other symptoms such as vomiting, sore stomach etc. I figured it was food poisoning or something similar and I was blaming the raw diet although back in mind I just didn't want to believe it could be that.
She continued to come down with sicknesses and I got more confused because prior she was a very healthy child. I started thinking that it was a serious illness such as diabetes. I brought her into the doctors and they were very confused too. They did a blood test and everything was perfectly normal. Her doctor said if it continues to bring her to a specialist.
Last night her fever was getting worse and worse. Usually it goes away within a day or so but it was already almost 3 days so I brought her to the ER. They checked her urine and I finally found the culprit, she has a bladder infection. All this time of worry and blaming raw foods and now I know that it is a chronic UTI that refuses to go away and it probably has nothing to do with the way she was eating. In fact cooked foods were probably irritating it more. Now that I look back in her food log she would get sick right after eating a lot of cooked foods!!!!
It is such a relief to finally know what is wrong with her. I know the reason why she got it too so it's so obvious to me now. I just knew something wasn't right w/ her because usually she is such a healthy child.
Since I did not catch it early she is on antibiotics (and probiotics). She is now her old self after just 2 doses.
Anyway thanks everyone for all your support! I am so relieved to finally know what was ailing her and to know it was not the raw food diet.