Read: No comments in journals
Good Morning raw family,
I'm bumping this back up for all of our beautiful, new members who have recently joined (and to refresh the memories of some of our older members too if needed ;) )
*Puts on "moderator game face"===>:) ........
1. Please do not upload photos of other things besides yourselves (pets, food, scenory, etc. UNLESS you are IN the photo. Now, IF YOU ARE JOURNALLING and you DO NOT want a picture of yourself uploaded anywhere on the Internet or you don't have a photo of yourself, then you may use a place holder photo of something else. If you DO HAVE a photo of yourself in your gallery, then please remove photos of other things from your journal. The journaling area is for photos of you as you do the 30-day challenge and during your raw lifestyle period. Please don't be alarmed, shocked or upset if you visit your gallery and notice certain photos deleted...just a forewarning that once discovered, they will be deleted...most times without notice.
2. Please do not write comments in other people's journals. If you haven't, read the "Announcement" posted at the top of every forum. If the person does NOT have a second photo under which you can make comments in, PM the person with your comments and perhaps request in your PM that they create a comment section. But please be respectful of the person's journal AND the rules set forth by our listowner regarding no posting comments within journals. Comments written in journals, when discovered, will be deleted.
3. The way your journal area should be set up is, a photo with this exact title, "Journal Area Only" for you to write your journal entries in (with no comments from others, please) and if you WANT to recieve comments from other members, then have another photo (doesn't have to be the same one as for the journal and it doesn't have to be a picture of you) with this exact title, "Please Leave Comments". Any other photos are to be of you or photos with you in them...again, no scenery, food, pets, family, etc. unless you're in the photo.
We really appreciate your cooperation...thank you!
*Moderator game-face off ===> ........ :)
In case anyone missed this, here is an email Alissa sent out to the group:
Hi Rawfoodtalk people!
A couple of notices here. If you could just be aware of few new
1) Please post any messages containing just a hello in the meet and
great area. If you need to wish someone a happy birthday it would be best
to private message them as the board is getting too filled up with
The meet and great area is just for quick hellos and intros such as who
you are and a quick bio of why your raw... other post should go into
the discussion area so everyone can respond and they wont get lost.
2) The announcement and assistance forum is ONLY for admin
announcements and if you need assistance with anything on the board (you can look
at whats there and get an idea as i have cleaned that out and moved all
3) If you have not read the announcement on the top of each forum when
you enter it, about the journaling and picture area please do so as i
would like to clean up that area so it is just used for raw pictures.
Please feel free to post any pictures of yourself, even if they are
with family, dogs, vacations, etc.. as long as you are in them. Pictures
of just animals or food, etc.. will have to be removed so there is
easier viewing on the boards and more space for you to all post your before
and afters and just to put your smiling faces there.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this board. im
trying to keep it organized for all of you to be able to use easier. This
board is getting crowed with all kinds of wonderful people and the
'regulars' are always there to help so if you havent been in a while, take a
look and join in!
bumping up for the newbies!
Thought I would bump this up since we have so many wonderful new members!
Please, PLEASE new members (and older ones too that should know this by now) do NOT post comments where you see the words, "Journal Area Only". If the person has a "Please Leave Comments" section, post any and all comments there, not in their journal. Journals are READ-ONLY and should only be posted in by the journaler. Journallers, if you see comments within your journal, please report them to either Sweetgoddess or myself so we can remove them but don't bother replying to comments made WITHIN your journal - the comments will just be deleted anyway once discovered.
If the person does not have a comments section, then you must PM (private message) them. I am going through journals now and finding many comments and conversations within them. This breaks up the flow of the journal and makes it difficult to read (Alissa has pointed this out as well).
Please read the original post in this thread for further clarification.
Bumping this up as a reminder to please do NOT post comments in peoples' journals. More than likely the journal will be (or at least should be) labeled, "Journal Area Only". If you see this, or even if you do not but you see the person is journalling and documenting their daily raw intake, etc. DON'T post anything there, post it in their "Please Leave Comments" area. If they don't have one, PM (private message) them with your comments and ask them to consider creating a "Please Leave Comments" area.
I'm sorry to keep sounding like a broken record here, but I keep seeing all these comments in journals that I have to go in and delete and oftentimes it's not by newbies, but members who've been here long enough to know better or to have at least seen this thread.
Thanks for your compliance with the rules here and if you haven't already, please read the original post in this thread to get a run-down of what's what when it comes to the photo/journalling area.
Raw Food Talk is a friendly forum brought to you by Alissa Cohen. You can find various living & raw food diet
merchandise such as her new book or CD on her website at www.alissacohen.com
. The Raw Food Talk forum is a great place to meet friends, share raw recipes, find advice and more. The forum is broken into different categories. The "Raw & Living Foods Discussion"
is for general chat about the raw diet. The Recipes and Food Preparation
is where you can discuss and exchange vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, & other raw recipes. "Exercise and Fitness While Raw"
is for advice, tips, training and more while you are on a raw diet. "Juicing, Sprouting, and Organic Gardening"
is for discussion related to juicing & juicers, sprouting, organic gardening & wild edible foods. "Raw Events and Classifieds"
is for posting events, products, and advertisements. These are just some of the different topics you will find being discussed in the Raw Food Talk forum. Come on in and meet some new friends.