A juicing and blending course, remarks are welcome!
Well, I did offer to volunteer-assist a woman who gives juicing classes
and she agreed that I will put something on paper.
* The following is what I have till now; if you have important points/remarks
to add, do not hesitate: you will influence the quality of the lessons
and will help to spread juicing/blending in the Netherlands :)
Many thanks, LL
Thoughts for a juicing and blending class.
* showing the difference between a juice fountain and for example a single gear mastification juicer
(on the subject of the better health aspects of the juice of the latter one)
* Do you need a juice fountain at all?
* showing that you can juice even beets and carrots with a single gear mastification juicer
Juicing fresh herbs with a mastification juicer
For example sage
spinach, kale etc
lemon juiced (with peel!)
Juicing and blending together: mixing veggies and fruitjuices
- First juicing, then blending, finally adding juice to the blended product.
(goes well with for example with avocado, kale etc...)
*What can be done with the Vitamix and what not (so it has to be done by a foodprocessor);
* showing the power of the vitamix, for example blending pumpkin;
*green smoothies: what is better: high speed blending for a short time (damaging of chlorophyll and anti-oxidants?)
or longer period low speed blending, or a mix of these 2 procedures?
* adding a little ice to make the smoothie a little cold and to influence the heat factor during blending
* The importance of a speed dial (which is on the vitamix 5000s)
* Smoothies: adding water or orange/applejuice?
showing that the following products added for health don't influence taste
("hiding" of dominant tastes)
- Spirulina etc...
- Adding leafvegetables to a smoothie, for example kale, showing that the "kale-taste" is not too much.
Like hempseed and flaxseed, when and how and combining with what?
Raw cacao smoothies
coconut fresh, the meat & the juice
frozen smoothies; for example with frozen banana or frozen berries
leafherbs blended, like parsley
spices (cumin etc..., ginger, pepper)
Looks Good Lightlover... :-)
I saw this when you posted it initially and did not respond because I really do not think I had anything to add. I am sorry if you felt ignored. That can feel bad, I know. :o
It looks like a pretty thorough outline that provides good basic info. for people starting out. hmmm...Maybe you could put in some info. on juice/smoothie fasting and the health benefits??
Good luck with the class!!:D