starting 100 % raw
This is my first day of the raw diet. I am going to aim for 100% but I'm also keeping the option to add a few hot dishes when necessary ( It gets very cold here in Canada ! )
Today my weight is 285 and my measurements are chest 50, waist 45, hips 51. My goal is to weigh 138 lbs. and have measurements of 36 - 26 - 36.
How I'm going to do it :
- I'm going to aim to eat 100 % raw and only eat cooked vegetables when I really have to have something warm. ( Most of the time I will try to make do with no caffine herbal tea. )I will eat whatever I want whenever I want as long as I keep to 20 % fat.
- I'm going to aim to exercise an hour a day. 30 mins. of BodyFlex and 30 mins. of walking and/or biking ( even if I have to do this 2 mins. at a time to start ! )
- I'm going to journal here every day and post my weight & fat %
My cons :
- I have high blood pressure which is controlled by 3 medications and is still on the high side (140 / 20 )
- I have very bad arthritis in my knees and can't walk without pain. I live on Tylenol, taking the maximum dose every day.
- I am married and have to prepare food for my family and keep the foods that they want to eat in the house.
- I have a big sweet tooth and love chocolate and desserts
- I often crave salty things
My pros :
- I already eat a diet high in vegetables. I also like fruit, just haven't eaten much of it because of the sugar content
- I don't eat meat and only eat seafood, cheese and eggs. And I don't especially like those
- I have my own food area in my office ( hot & cold filtered water, mini fridge, drawers, cupboard & work area ) where I can keep my fruits & vegetables and herbal teas
- I don't work so I have lots of time to make weightloss my " part time job "
- I've done a lot of research already on the raw diet. I've created an everyday recipe book with very easy to prepare meals, and I also have a small reference library of books with info. & other recipes
- I've ordered a dehydrator, a spiral slicer, and a mandoline. I already have a blender, a juicer, and two cuisinarts ( one is small for small amounts ) So I have all the equipment I can possibly want.
Even though I have bought all these items, I am going to do "simple" raw because I don't really like to cook now because it means I have to do a lot of standing which is painful. However I intend to start using these later when I've lost most of my weight and am starting to transition to a regular diet.
I have long felt that if I could find a diet that was mainly fruit & vegetables I could live on that and last weekend I found a lady who lost lots of weight doing just that. She started out keeping a journal here and now has lost tons of weight and has started her own boot camp website. Her program is too interactive for me but I like her ideas - especially keeping everything simple. I also learned a lot from her about why I haven't lost eating mainly vegetarian foods - because I've been eating too many nuts, avocados, and fancy dessert recipes. Instead, to satisfy my sweet tooth, I'm going to eat more fruit. It will be a lot less work as well !
Anyway, that's it for my first entry. I'll post later how I did on my food and exercise today.