Reasons to go raw and stay raw
There are a lot of reasons in my head as to why I should go raw. I feel that as I start my journey I need to document what it is I want out of this.
So here's a list of things I want to improve and/or heal.
1. Ease my bipolar symptoms if not eradicate them. I was diagnosed a few months after I stopped eating raw the first time. Shortly after that I went on medication. I've been hospitalized 13 times since then. I'm now classified as a severe case and have been threatened by CPS if I don't stay on my medication. I hope that one day I will be able to go off the chemicals which I feel do just as much harm as good.
2. Get rid of migraines. I have been plagued with severe migraines since I was 15 years old. That was 16 years ago! They've been so severe in the past that I've been taken to the hospital. I've been given spinal taps, MRIs, and cat scans because of the severity of my migraines. Medication doesn't help most of the time.
3. Heal my intestines. I was recently diagnosed with IBS. However I feel that I was given the diagnosis because they couldn't find out what was wrong. Whenever I eat something, especially if it's cooked, I get nausea, severe pain, or both. This happens about 15 minutes after I eat. The pain has been so severe that I've gone into the hospital.
4. Weight loss. I have already lost 20 lbs just by cutting out junk food...or rather not eating it as much. I have 40 lbs to go till I'm at my target weight of 150 lbs. I hope to get down to a size 8 (which is ideal for my body).
5. Elliminate fatigue and insomnia. I am always so tired. Even without the medication I'm tired. At the same time I can't sleep most nights. I sleep fine durring the day. However, as a mom of 2 kids I can't really do that. Even medication doesn't help. Neither does my sleepy tea (which used to work really well).
6. Be less irritable. I have a very short temper...except when raw. When I'm raw I can see things more clearly and have more patience. This is very important to me because I would rather be patient with my children than yell at them out of frustration/anger.
7. Get rid of my other disorders such as General Anxiety disorder and Panic disorder. These two can be just as dibiliating as my bipolar disorder.
8. Perhaps ease some of my phobias (I am in therapy working on them too). I have claustrophobia, agoraphobia, and somniphobia. All three cause extreme anxiety and/or panic attacks. The somniphobia (fear of sleep) is one of the main reasons why I can't sleep at night. It doesn't bother me durring the day.
9. Ease knee pains. My knees hurt so much that I can barely bend them sometimes. It's not a constant thing which is good. However my sister, who has the same knee problems I do, recently dislocated her knee just by turning to talk to someone. I want to strengthen my knees so I've been exercising them. However I can't yet do all the exercises I want to because the pain is so severe.
10. Increase my imunity. I have such a weak imune system. I get sick at the drop of a hat. It takes me months to get over a simple cold. I also have allergies which really affect me in a negative way. They're not as severe as some people's. But I would still like to be rid of them.
These are just my top ten (though not in any particular order). I have other problems such as problems breathing (I'm quitting smoking again), foggy brain (can't concentrate), I get overwhemled easily (have trouble even sitting through an entire movie or TV show), and I just don't feel healthy.
Because I've been raw before I know what true health is like. I never knew that a person could feel so good. I radiated positive energy. Lately I've been feeling negative energy within me. I hope to cleanse not only my body but my soul as well.