Raw Food Assessment
byon 03-26-2009 at 06:26 PM (319 Views)
I'm preparing for the April 30 Day Raw Food Challenge. This time, I'm not jumping in with both feed - I'm planning it out, reading up on it, making menus and shopping lists, gathering recipes, etc. I want to do it right this time.
So in the spirit of preparation, I did a raw food assessment based on questions from the book "The Raw Food Diet Myth". I wanted to post it here so that I can refer back to it, to remind me what my goals are and how raw can help me get there.
Raw Food Assessment
(1) What qualities do I enjoy in food?
Crunchiness, sweetness, sourness, freshness, satisfaction, richness (occasionally), clean feeling, flavorfulness, lots of variety in color and flavor – tropical fruits, dried fruits, nut butters
(2) How do I want to look and feel?
Energetic, focused, clam, happy, agile, light-hearted, deep breathing, peace of mind, positive attitude
(3) Reconciling lists (1) and (2)
Heavier foods (nuts, avocado, dried fruit) in moderation, focus on raw fruit and veggies, “substantial” fruits (i.e., apples, bananas, pears) – crunchy fruits when feeling need something heavier, lots of crunchy food like carrots, celery, apples, some tropical fruits
I want to begin to eat a diet of whole clean foods so that I will have the energy, focus, and calmness to fulfill my dreams of creativity and helpfulness in my writing and my work – so that I will feel emotionally and spiritually complete enough to give back to the world in both my writing and my teaching
I see myself in the future as a slimmer, lighter (in body and spirit) and more agile person whose inner creativity and liveliness reflects in my body, mind, and spirit.
(1) I like crunchy, sweet, sour, substantial foods
(2) I value energy, focus, liveliness, calmness, spirit
(3) My reconciliation of (1) and (2) is that I will eat foods that focus on crunchiness with a good variety of sweetness and sourness, allowing heavier foods (nuts, avocado, dried fruits) in moderation. I will also continue to boost my energy with daily exercise and maintain focus and calmness with daily yoga and daily writing
I will eat whole clean foods to develop a feeling of giving and creativity in both my work and life
I am sitting in a café with my laptop, a bottle of water with a twist of lime, absorbed in my novel so that the background disappears, feeling uplifted and absorbed in the story and full of creativity and confidence
I will take the following steps to become energetic, focused, giving, calm, and creative in both my physical and spiritual life:
(1) Eat a whole clean diet
(2) Daily exercise that I enjoy
(3) Daily yoga
(4) Daily writing
(5) Daily “me” time!