byon 01-19-2009 at 12:10 AM (424 Views)
Or at least my current short term goals.
Between Jan 18th & Feb 1
- no less than 2 green smoothies of 32 oz or more per day.
- not one stitch of non-raw food so no more "just one bite" of DD's lunches!
- no blasted back-em-up bananas.
- no more than 1oz of nuts every 2 days, the temptation to gorge is just too strong.
- at least 1 hour of some sort of "body movement" each day, be it hooping or jogging in place or moving furniture while I vacuum.
- no more dates because they might be healthy but not when you eat 2 lbs in a sitting!
If I make it to Feb 1 & have managed to keep all of these goals, I will purchase myself something totally frivolous while at my event the following weekend. It can be super expensive fabric, a deluxe salad at the hotel restaurant or anything else that strikes my fancy.
I am going to try very, very hard not to focus on the weight aspect of this & instead just stick to my goals. Although I am extremely concerned about my weight currently. I somehow managed to gain 5lbs in the last two weeks, while eating <75% raw & drinking as much water as I could physically manage. I'm concerned that some of my medications might be contributing to weight gain but am also not willing to risk being off those medications just for a slimmer waist.
I try to tell myself that it's my body "doing repair work". But honestly, it just sound like so much bunk. Especially when all I want is a handful of damned air popped, unbuttered popcorn like I would normally eat!