Sunshine's Raw Life
on 09-23-2008 at 06:56 PM (660 Views)
Hi everyone! You'd think my life's been majorly boring since there haven't been any posts from me lately right? WRONG!
Let's see, there's the cancer that seems to be spreading like wildfire among half the women I know (at least it feels like half), too many falls that I've taken in the past month and a half, and more medical challenges for my kiddos. Yep, you heard me right, not less, MORE!
So here's the latest. T and lil' A both have scoliosis of the lower back. We found out last week, but you know, with notifying family and what not, I couldn't blog about it first. Plus, it's taken a little bit for it to sink in (kind of like when we found out about J's autism). So after it finally sank in, I started going into my next mode, researching. Thank God for Google!
I have found that there are multiple holistic modalities for helping with scoliosis. There are five things I have chosen to focus on in helping the kiddos. They are:
1. Chiropractic care - Thank God our chiropractor is so generous with his talents!
2. Raindrop Therapy - I am involved with Young Living Oils, so I can get the dvd for that and hopefully administer that myself.
3. Massage Therapy - All massage is good, and I will start them out with general massage therapy, and then work them up to Rolfing, which has been shown to have benefits related to scoliosis.
4. Yoga - I will be focusing on poses that strengthen the core and lengthen the spine. I will be working with each child individually (they tend to distract each other), starting with basic breathing, and working each of them up to an hour of yoga each day. (That means 3 hours of yoga for Mommy when it's all said and done!)
5. Specified Raw Nutritional Therapy - at least, that's what I'm calling it. To start, thanks to Brigit Mars book "Rawsome", and David Wolfe's talks on bones, I will be starting out with inventing recipes that combine foods with calcium, magnesium, boron, and silicon! So there will be a lot of playing in the kitchen coming soon!
Due to the vigorous approach I will be taking with helping the kids, I'm having to really think about and work through how this is going to affect my businesses. I am only one person. So I'm going to have to REALLY focus on exactly what I want to do, and then look at what it's going to take to get it where I want it all to be. So when I know more regarding all of that, I'll be sure to let ya'll know too!
Also, this could end up meaning I blog more, or I blog less. I'm thinking either less, because there won't be enough time for me to formulate and articulate my thoughts, or more, because of keeping everyone up to date on the different modalities, how the kids are doing with them, and their progress accordingly. So stay tuned, as there's sure to be more to come, one way or another! ;)
Raw Food Talk is a friendly forum brought to you by Alissa Cohen. You can find various living & raw food diet
merchandise such as her new book or CD on her website at www.alissacohen.com
. The Raw Food Talk forum is a great place to meet friends, share raw recipes, find advice and more. The forum is broken into different categories. The "Raw & Living Foods Discussion"
is for general chat about the raw diet. The Recipes and Food Preparation
is where you can discuss and exchange vegan recipes, vegetarian recipes, & other raw recipes. "Exercise and Fitness While Raw"
is for advice, tips, training and more while you are on a raw diet. "Juicing, Sprouting, and Organic Gardening"
is for discussion related to juicing & juicers, sprouting, organic gardening & wild edible foods. "Raw Events and Classifieds"
is for posting events, products, and advertisements. These are just some of the different topics you will find being discussed in the Raw Food Talk forum. Come on in and meet some new friends.