View Full Version : A New Year
12-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Folks a new year is coming upon us fast and here is my encouragement for it. :)
My prayer is everyone here can forget the past, put your shortcomings, failures and falls aside and instead dream about what you want to have and become in 2005. My goals for myself include:
1. Eating 100% raw and learning to eat things with less preparation, (simple recipes if any).
2. Finally taking the time to rent and view Super Size Me. :)
3. Learn to accept and love people the way God loves me.
4. Stop and smell the roses and learn to enjoy the simple things of life.
5. Work hard on web sites to finally be able to work 100% for myself instead of building someone elses dream.
6. Start and maintain my journal here.
7. Never look at how long it is taking for my life and body to change but stay focused on my goals.
8. Financially grow beyond my wildest dreams.
Have a wonderful and very prosperous New Year!
12-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Those are mine as well - how did you know :) I am also going to add fasting quarterly to this, and develop more discipline.
12-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Ok I will put in my two cents worth as well. I want to become healthy really healthy. I want to find and train for begin and become independantly working from home in some aspect of the working force. Any suggestions? I am not sure where to start but if you do a search online you get alot of sites to pay money for leads to work who knows what they really send you. I need an industry or a field something I can do on the computer, telecommuting you know. Something that pays the bills. Then I want to move to a new place and find happiness in my new life as it unfolds before me from my lifestyle changes and from seeing through my new raw foodist eyes. I will begin to do what I have been waiting to do when I got well even before I get there. That's it for now the rest is already there.
12-28-2004, 09:18 AM
1. Stay 100% raw - radiant and fearless.
2. Find and move to a better home.
3. Get involved in gardening and grow more foods.
4. Learn to forage for wild edibles in the spring.
5. Get a computer.
6. Learn to knit & return to arts/crafts I used to do.
7. Be ever patient and supportive of my hubby.
8. Make dancing a bigger part of my life.
9. Share more raw recipes with family and friends. (Share the joy)
10. Be a healthy, positive, glowing example.
12-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Wow, great resolutions! I just want to be stronger and more informed. When I tell people how I am eating, they pop all these questions at me, and I want to be prepared to answer them with a completely correct way and feel like I am not on the burner.
Of course I want to be 100% raw and I want to feel my body tingle again! I want to be happy and bounce around all day with a smile... and I want my kids to eat more raw food.
12-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Actually forgot to add one :)
My cousin moved to Oregon with her family 2 years ago and this year might be the right time for me to move there. :)
12-30-2004, 07:51 AM
You Go, Curtis!
Follow your heart and dreams!
P. S. Curtis..when I get a chance I am going to contact you by private email and ask you about doing a website for me. Thanks!
12-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Thank you Curtis, for the reminder to pause and consider my goals for the next year! Some of mine include:
1. Continue working towards mindful/instinctual eating
2. Juice fast once every season
3. Try a new recipe every month, or weekly if I have time
4. Work up to 100% raw and maintain it for six months
12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Juice fasting every season sounds like a good idea Olive, when you do post on this board so we may join you. :)
Helen Of Tennessee
12-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Wow, where to start. Here are my goals for 2005:
1) Hit 100% raw and actually stay with it!!!!
2) Do a full push-up from my toes
3) Get off my Thyroid Meds
4) Get back into the ring (sparring) - degenerated discs in neck must repair themselves (from my raw eating).
5) Grow more spiritually
Although I only have 5 goals, they each are going to be a challenge. It's going to take hard work from me (at first anyway). By doing #1, all the other 4 goals will fall into place.
Thanks Curtis for starting this thread!!!
<>< Helen of Tennessee
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.