View Full Version : Need quick and easy recipe for party
11-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I am looking for a quick and easy recipe to prepare for a raw food party this evening. There will be about 15 raw foodists there. The only equipment I have is a regular blender (it doesn't even blend a salad) and a small quisinart. Any suggestions would be a appreciated.
11-20-2005, 01:20 PM
The first thing that came to my mind was to cut up various veggies for a veggie platter and serve with a pate' or dip.
Here is Alissa's Mock Salmon Pate' as posted on her website and I copied and pasted the Date Nut Torte in case you want to bring something sweet instead...but both are quick and easy to prepare!
Mock Salmon Pate
A delicious pink pate with a hint of salmon flavor! I eat this all the time on top of a large salad with a vinaigrette dressing. Its such an easy pate to prepare and oh so delicious!
* 2 cups walnuts
* 2 stalks celery
* 1 large red bell pepper
* 1 large scallion
* ½ -1 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Serving suggestions: This can be served on a plate as is, over a salad, rolled up in a green leaf, or spread on crackers.
Date Nut Torte
Fudgy, creamy and sweet!
I bring this with me when Im visiting someone Id like to introduce to raw food. People cant believe its raw! And its one of the quickest and easiest desserts to make.
Base of Tort:
* 2 cups raisins
* 2 cups walnuts
* 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
* 1/2 lemon, juiced
1. In a food processor, combine raisins and walnuts and blend until well blended and moist. (This will take a few minutes and you may see it forming a ball. Just make sure the raisins come out looking like a fudgey mixture and are not still grainy)
2. Remove from processor and mold onto a plate in a round circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
1. In a food processor, combine dates and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
2. Spread the frosting on top of the torte
Note: I like this served at room temperature as the frosting and torte are still sticky, but if you want a firmer texture that will be easier to slice, refrigerate it for a few hours.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.