View Full Version : Fasting and fat loss?
12-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I Have a friend who have fasted for 30 days, his goal was to lose fat i told him fasting doesnt get his fat off. He gained the weight back after the fast, is there anyway you can keep fat off after a fast? I have never done fasting, i really don't knw what to tell him. How can someone have a good fast?
12-18-2012, 02:05 AM
fasting experts will come along and help with answers but here are a couple of answers from my perspective.
1) fasting is not a solution in exactly the same way that any other weight loss regime, once you stop, isn't. You have to maintain your weight afterwards by sensible eating which on this forum means raw food.
2) Fasting will help you lose fat. Though depending on exactly what type of fast you are doing the amount will vary.You don't say what type of fast.
3) Weight loss as a reason for anything is less productive than being happy and just being. Losing weight doesn't make you happy. It makes you thinner but doesn't actually solve the problems that made you fat.
4) Making healthy choices because you want to be healthy rather than because you want to lose weight is also a better way of looking at things.
5) fasting is good for all sorts of things but in my experience it isn't something you force; it just happens because it is meant to. For me, those are the best fasts.
12-18-2012, 01:29 PM
thanks!! great info i let him knw
12-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Do let a few more people reply before passing anything on.
12-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Is there anyway you can keep fat off after a fast?
When someone fasts, in addition to the loss of fat, there will be weight loss due to the intestines emptying out, and there will also be a loss of water weight because of the reduction or the elimination of salt from the diet. So it is normal to put back on a few pounds in the few days immediately following a fast.
However, if you want to maintain or continue to lose weight after your fast is over, you can't go back to eating the way you used to do. Just think about what your diet consisted of when you were juice fasting. It was fresh fruits and vegetables, only they were juiced. Therefore if you want the weight to stay off when your fast is over, then you should continue eating a diet almost exclusively of fresh fruits and vegetables. Simple as that.
12-27-2012, 06:51 PM
If I eat only Raw foods after a fast, I typically will put on 6 pounds right after the fast is over. The main thing that I do is one to two weeks after the fast I have alot of hunger. It can seem overwhelming. If I do not give into to this and keep on eating Raw foods moderately, I lose those 6 pounds and continue to lose until my optimal weight is reached. This and exercise keeps the weight off for me. I've fasted many times and have been successful by not overeating and eating primarily raw and exercising.
03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks all of u...
03-12-2013, 07:31 PM
I think that everyone already chimed in with some of the thoughts I had. I also learned a bit about keeping it off once the fast is through.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.