View Full Version : Healthy tips!?!?!?!?!?
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
okay sooo.. i really want to get in shape for summertime. its coming fast! and i need help getting a nice fit body. i am fifteen. 140 lbs. 5'6". and i am a dancer.. i exercise quite often i must say.. but i do have bad eating habbits. i need a good motivation!! my boyfriend is really fit and muscular and he LOVES the beach.. so hes going to see me in a suit sooner or later.. and i want to look good! i have considered running in the morning.. but i get up at six every day for school.. and i dont want to have to get up at five thirty to run every morning.. itll be dark.. and ill be alone :( plus! i stay up late every night since i have such a busy schedule.. and im very smart so i am taking hard classes and i get soooooooo much homework. and i need my sleep!!! so i cant get up earlier.. i have a gym pass though!!! so maybe there are certain machines i can use there that will be really effective? maybe exercises i can do with weights??? any suggestions are great!! any workout videos that are go0od? good eating habbits??? ANYTHING!! please helppp!!!!!!
plus.. does anyone know a good way to get rid of back acne??? ewwww. im self concious!
01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
First I just want to say that you are right to not get up even earlier, as far as weight loss (and the rest of your health) is concerned, adequate sleep is actually more important than exercise. Lots of things occur, but when you are tired your body releases a chemical that it interprets as hunger, even if you don't need food at that moment.
As for your diet
-Lots of water
-At least 60% of what you eat should be fresh fruits, veggies and salads
-No processed foods
-Eat small portions frequently throughout the day
If you really want to lose some weight quickly, go 100% raw vegan. ^-^ This will almost definitely also clear up a lot of your skin. Since you say you exercise often, this will probably take care of a lot of the changes you want to make. Don't worry too much about the number, I'm sure you know that muscle tissue is heavy and compact.
Also for acne, get rid of cleansers and lotions that have acid and chemicals in them, and be sure to exfoliate. Good luck!
03-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Your eating habits is what will make the difference.
As said, eat more fruits and vegetables. Instead of eating sugary snacks and pastries eat fruits and vegetables. Instead of having a pizza or takeaway make a delicious salad.
You say you already exercise and dance which is probably enough to get into great shape once your diet is in check.
It's possible to look toned and in great shape with only 1hr (even less) of exercise per week as long as you eat right.
05-27-2011, 05:53 AM
Please also consider that if your boyfriend is worth having, he will think you are beautiful no matter what physical shape you are in. Yes, strive to eat healthily and be phisically fit, but in the long run, it's inner beauty that counts.
05-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Stuff jogging if you want to lose fat no, what you want is interval training sometimes called hiit, example of how you can do it - 100% all you got sprint for 20-30 seconds then slow jog 1 minute 100% sprint 30 seconds jog 1 minute sprint 30 seconds jog 1 minute and repeat as many times as you can this will burn 9 times more fat then jogging. It will train your endurance much faster also.
07-26-2011, 02:09 AM
There are some Healthy Tips :
- Drink water in between meals and with every meal
- Drink green tea with lemon each morning - it will help cleanse your body and rev your metabolism
- Pack your meals and snacks before leaving the house you aren't tempted to buy junk food
- Limit yourself to one snack in between meals and make sure they are healthy. I like to snack on low-fat yogurts with no added sugar. The ones I get are so delicious and so nutritious!
- Exercise - it will prevent you from eating more.
- Keep occupied with other things other than food!
1) water with meals is not a good idea. It dilutes your stomach acid making it harder for your digestion process.
2) Tea has caffiene in it.
3) I always do that or buy healthy food on my way to work.
4) Low fat yogurts are not raw vegan and form no part of a raw, vegan diet. Also there is no need to limit snacks if you are someone who thrives on snacking. Just make sure the snacks are raw.
5) Exercise is great but don't not eat just because you are exercising. Exercise allows you to eat more whilst still losing or maintaining weight and is good for your heart and body strength and also clarity of mind.
6) Definitely eat to live rather than live to eat
08-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm also a huge fan of interval training. It kicks your butt and you get an intense workout in a shorter period of time. Mercola has a great article on interval training. His system is called Peak 8 performance training. good stuff! I might recommend a juice fast, but you are only 15 years old! Just cut out the simple carbs. Instead of soda, drink water. Instead of a bagel, eat fruit! good luck!
12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Here's my exercise tip to a dug up thread.
Swing a kettlebell.....LOTS. :woot:
02-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Following are some tips which will help you to get rid from acne:
Keep your hair and hands away from face.
Use oil-free non-comedogenic makeup.
Wash your skin regularly after sweating or going out.
Use anti-acne cleansing lotions, toners and moisturizers.
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Drink water in between meals and with every meal
Fruits,Homemade snack wrap,veggies, Non-fat yogurt and exercise are also best for your main purpose
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.