View Full Version : Bottled Distilled Water
In another thread someone mentioned their water now tasting sweet. The past few days it's been hard to get myself to drink my water because it tastes like plastic. We are looking into building an evaporative solar water distiller and using glass bottles. There is an article here:http://www.epsea.org/stills.html
What is everyone elses experiences with water?
10-05-2005, 02:25 AM
I refuse to drink out of a plastic bottle, it just tastes nasty, I also will not drink chlorine, if I am somewhere where there is chlorine in the water, I simply stir the water to dissipate the chlorine, I live where I can safely drink my tap water, as it is chlorine free, and it is from an artesian well, which is totally wonderful, tasty, fresh, lusckous water.
10-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Distilled water leaches minerals from your bones, not a desireable effect. I have well water also, with a high iron content so I use natural spring water from a reputable local source.
You might want to reseach the effects of distilled water!
10-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Please let us have the benifit of any research you do because I am as confused as you are.
10-05-2005, 12:57 PM
We have reverse osmosis. Our well water is very hard so it is on a softner then the osmosis. It is pretty close as far as TDS to distilled and tastes great!
10-05-2005, 02:31 PM
You can get the Pure Water RO system at http://www.pwgazette.com/
We replaced our electric distiller with this system a few months ago and are very happy with it.
that solar distiller looks cool...
thanx for the link!!!
we were getting distilled water in glass for a while there...
distilled water acts like a vaccum. since it's 'ionically empty' is attracts whatever if can draw out of whatever it's in contact with...
hence distilled water in plastic tastes like toxic plastic...
...the two conflicting ideas about distilled water in the human body that i'm aware of are
a-it draws needed minerals out of the bones, there are better alternatives
b-it draws toxins out of a toxic body before it goes for useful minerals...
you can spruce up your distilled water by adding something to it, like lemon, celtic sea salt, or a mint sprig... this 'structures' the water... ie. gives it something to 'hold on to' so it won't go after your precious minerals...
another factor that folks should consider (and that is a whole topic unto itself) is that when we detox, from the poisons in our environment, that we have ingested, that we left over from when ever, the body uses it's mineral 'reserves' to neutralize the poison's effects in our system... makes sense, right in basic chemistry we learned that to absorb, and neutralize an acid, you use an alkaline base, right?
that's why it's so important to ingest an adequate amount of mineral rich foods like dark leafies, and sea weeds, on an on going basis.
it's unfortunate that in our current globally polluted environment we're continually inundated with toxins, and poison, and therefore may have to periodically, and continuously pay attention to make sure that we're eliminating the poisons, and detoxing healthfully...
anyway.. those are just some thoughts...
btw i drink bottled spring water for now
Sharon in Colorado
10-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Article by Roe Gallo on distilled water
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.