View Full Version : Eggplant parmesan
05-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Being that im going raw..im really gonna miss my beloved italian style breaded eggplant parmesan sandwiches w/ mozz. cheese. Does any1 know of a raw version? I would love to know! :cool:
05-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Alissa has a great recipe in her book.
i'm sure the recipe is floating around if you do a search.
I've heard it's wonderful, but have never tried it myself
05-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Here is one i found, not sure who's it is
One very large or two medium eggplants
2 cups pine nuts
1 ts. sea salt
2 cups mac nuts
2 cups cashews
4 Tbls. Braggs liquid aminos
3 Tbls. lemon juice
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups tomatoes
12 sundries tomatoes, soaked
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbls. parsley
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. sea salt
1. Peel and slice the eggplant into 1/4 inch round slices.
2. Soak the eggplant slices in salted water for 1-2 hours.
1. In a food processor, combine the breading ingredients and blend until almost smooth. This should still be a bit "grainy" in texture.
1. In a food processor, combine the cheese ingredients and blend until smooth.
For marinara sauce:
1. In a food processor, combine the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
1. Cover the bottom of a large lasagna pan with a thin layer of olive oil.
2.Drain the eggplantslices and place them into the lasagna pan on top of the oilin a single layer, heavily overlapping eachother.
3. Place the breading mixture on top of eggplant layer. It may be hard to spread; just be sure all the pieces are covered with some of the mixture.
4. spread the cheese layer on top of the breading layer.
5. Pour the sauceover the cheese layer.
6. Place the lasagna pan in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 14 to 18 hours.
05-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks for sharing this - my mom really loves this and I'm fasting so my energy levels are too low to prepare a raw vegan version for her but I will def try this out in the near future for her and my dad - busy trying to find raw vegn alternatives for all of their SAD favorites
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.