View Full Version : Insert link from "my favorites"?
12-26-2009, 06:28 PM
I am pretty sure I asked for help with this before and I can't remember where I put the instructions someone gave me.:o
Is it possible to post a link on this forum to something on uTube from "my favorites"? And how do I go about it please?
Thanks for any help you can give me.:)
12-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Are you talking about in your signature line? Just click on the little blue earth with the link (of chain) below it which should be above where you are typing to create a post.
12-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Aleesha. You know what? I don't even know what a signature line is. But I did find the little "blue earth". I made a few stabs at it yesterday but couldn't get it right. What I try to do is this: I go to my favorites at the top of my page (such as the one in front of me right now - in the 2nd bar from the top - click on it, find the favorite, open it and then get back to the post I am writing in RFT - can't do it - because as soon as I open another window, the "favorite" disappears. I am wanting to post one of my "favorites" (a link) to my post somewhere on RFT. Now isn't this clear as mud?:o Oh, I also know about right clicking on the address at the very top of the page. I guess I just have to learn the correct order of the whole procedure? sigh.
12-27-2009, 10:31 AM
perhaps find someone to walk you through it in person? i know my mom was one of those people that i had to physically show her how to do it, and then she got it! :)
12-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Yup, I am just like your Mom.
That's why I so enjoy watching videos about raw uncooking.
12-27-2009, 01:29 PM
here's what green woman wrote in another thread... thought i'd pop it in here for you and future members as well:
Islegirl -- *slaps forehead* Dur, me! Sorry! Okay, here's how to share a link on RFT (and I'm really bad at directions so I hope I get this right...)
0) Write the title down of what you want linked in this discussion box and then minimize the screen (ex: Ani Phyo's Spanish Scramble Recipe )
1) Pull up a second browser,find your link and right click - select copy for the entire URL (ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gvrEj2H36w )
2) Open this box again, and highlight the title you wrote in earlier... then on the top center of this discussion box is a symbol of earth + paper clip - left click on this symbol to open.
3) Paste your copied link where it says: "Please enter URL of your link". NOTE: Make sure when you do this that there is only ONE "http://" before your link... you may want to just delete the blue-highlighted "http://" inside this box before pasting your link just to be sure!
4) After your link is pasted in this box, select OK and your link will be posted with it's NEW title! Voila! :D
Ani Phyo's Spanish Scramble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gvrEj2H36w)
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Tried this as best as I could - still having trouble. I WILL figure it out though. Thanks again.:D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.