View Full Version : Food poisoning
08-26-2009, 07:40 AM
I have been down for two days with food poisoning, something I never thought would happen while raw. I know the source though, the salad bar at my office and a rotten (one or two) mung bean sprouts.
No vomiting, but my body wanted to as I was nauseated for hours initially though I had just eaten a wonderful raw meal at home and didn't want to lose those nutrients.
Just terrible stomach pains, sleeping alot and diarrhea. Anyone experience this before? Have any tips on what to replace, supplement or eat? I have stuck to some dried mangos, chamomile tea and a banana each day in moments I felt like I could eat. I feel very weak though.
08-26-2009, 07:49 AM
It could be whatever the salad bar was sprayed with too. Who knows? I personally wouldn't eat anything until you are ready. Hydrate yourself of course, but you will know when you need to eat again.
Animals don't eat when they are ill. We as humans always think we have to. We really don't. ;)
Hope you feel better soon...
08-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Take two activated charcoal pills. That will get rid of the poisons in your body.:)
08-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Charcoal is good if you don't have anything else to flush out the poison. Calcium Bentonite Clay is even better. A ginger bath will sweat out toxins.
Coconut water is the best source of electrolytes.
08-26-2009, 08:58 AM
All that has been stated will work. If you don't have access to those, liquid (or any kind you can get) acidolphilus in unfiltered apple juice worked for me.
08-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Calcium Bentonite Clay is a good at flushing out many poisons but it is not available in many health food stores. The really pure un-contaminated kind is sold mostly online. It's hard to have on hand.....
You also have to be careful how it is packaged. During shipping some clays can contaminate if not tightly sealed...
08-26-2009, 01:30 PM
that's so bad especially when you're a healthy eater. We have a restaurant here that EVERY time I eat there, I swear, I get food poisoning. I'm nausea within 10 min of leaving the place & throw up when I get home. I ate there in March, first time in 2 yrs..same thing.
I've learned to call & ask if the bar is sprayed. Many will say no but they do. I can smell it!
hope you're cleared out soon. Call them & tell them, hopefully you'll get your $$ back.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.