View Full Version : Recipes with butternut squash?
08-13-2009, 07:14 AM
The only recipe I found shredded squash for cookies with agave, raisins, cardamom and dehydrate. But, I don't have a dehydrator and I want to eat my squash! Autumn is around the corner and I need some squash recipes.
08-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I posted a reccipe for butternut/hazelnut raisin cake. it's much better dehydrated but not it could be more pudding like.
Also u can spiral the squash for noodles...
10-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Now I have a D! Would you lovelies kindly post your faves for butternut squash using the D?
10-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Check this out!
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM
The first raw soup we tried when we got a high speed blender. I don't remember where I got the recipe -- off the net somewhere. But I wouldn't think you really need one. It had:
raw butternut squash
and I think some OJ?
Just put in what seems good to you. :)
10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't have a dehydrator either.
I use butternut squash for noodles. It is best to peel the squash then I use my vegetable peeler to continue to "peel" noodles off - sorta like wide fettuccine or tagliatelle noodles.
Then I drizzle some olive oil on them, salt, and massage in and let them sit for at least an hour room temperature to soften them a bit.
Great with marinara sauce or pesto!
10-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I came up with this a few days ago. It was really good and warming. I quickly converted it to US measurements, so I hope I didn't make any errors.
I recommend warming it up for at least half an our before serving.
Serves 2 people
1/3 cup Olive oil
1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp Soy sauce (Tamari or Shoyu)
4-5 tsp Limejuice
1-1.5 tbsp Curry powder
0.5 tbsp Chili powder
0.2 tsp Cloves
1 pinch Cayenne
Salt to taste
1-2 Apples red
1 Bell pepper, red
2 ounce Jerusalem Artichoke
10-15 Fava beans
1-2 Butternut Squashes (about one pound)
1 st Large Carrot
1. Put together the marinade and salt to taste.
2. Cut the apple and pepper into cubes. Make fine strips of the artichoke with a vegetable peeler. Skin the beans.
3. Put the vegetables into the marinade and stir until they are completely coated. Let it sit for at least an hour.
4. Peel the butternut and brush the carrot. Spiralize them into noodles. Drizzle some olive oil and salt over it and massage them for a while. Let it sit for at least an hour.
5. Serve the noodles on plates with the vegetable mix on top. Pour as much marinade over it as you like. Enjoy!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.