View Full Version : Marinated, food-processed portabella mushrooms, still OK to eat?
06-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I made this 3 days ago and am wondering if this is still safe to eat, or should I toss it? I only got to eat a little bit, as a lovely spread on some dehydrated crackers, and a bit on some chard leaves rolled up with some chopped tomatoes. Fortunately I didn't make a huge batch(2 mushrooms worth), but I still have nearly a 4oz. container left. Thoughts? Thanks!
06-13-2009, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't. Too many bad experiences with fungi which has been kept too long.
06-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks, Revell! Will toss this, and know enough to make a little less and dehydrate some if I know I won't get around to eating it right away. Not worth getting sick! I've had food poisoning before from stuff and it is NOT good - 'nuff said!
06-15-2009, 12:39 AM
when in doubt...then throw it out (or into the compost, rather : )
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.