View Full Version : Irregular Periods
06-19-2008, 09:37 AM
:confused: hi All-
Can anyone help with why I may be experieinceing irregular period cycles? They change from 4 weeks to 3 weeks gap evey month ,is that normal?
Thanks in advacne
06-19-2008, 10:31 AM
It depends on many things ~ if you are in your 30s or 40s you could be going through pre-menopause. Dr. Lee has a great book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Pre-Menopause". It sure answered a lot of my questions.
If you have been like this for a long time, it could just be your body's way of doing things right now.
I was irregular until my mid 30's - sometimes every month, sometimes less than a month, sometimes not for 3 to 6 months. Eventually it worked out.
I didn't worry about it too much as my Mom was the same way. If you are concerned, you can get a hormone testing done by docs. Our dd did and found out some interesting stuff.
06-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Maca helps. So does chaste berry tea.
06-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi, from what I learned in Phys Ed, woman's periods can varying depending on quite a few things.
1. Change in diet- A drastic change in your diet sometimes can cause you to miss periods or have irregular ones
2. Exercise- woman that exercise often experience irregular or light periods
3. Menopause- Like mentioned above, your body's hormonal balance is changing as you age
4. Stress- If your finding work or life increasingly stressful, it can also make for irregular periods, inbetween spotting or missing periods
5. Medications- Coming off the Birth control pill, or different types of medications can sometimes cause irregular periods.
This is all from years ago, but it's stuck in my head because when in Highschool, I had a lot of irregular periods. I exercised a lot in school, and during sporting season would miss many periods.
You can also do a google search and many medical advice websites like WebMD will be able to help you further. :)
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the responses:)
I am 33 btw if that helps with diagnnosing further.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.