View Full Version : Wow, I can tell the difference
11-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I am extremely new to raw (as in this is my second day). I have eaten mostly fruit the past two days, with veggies last evening (I did have tomatoes and cucumbers at lunch today). And I did something today that illustrated for me the difference raw foods makes in one's health.
I had a Diet Coke about an hour ago.
I feel like I'm in a major crash. I'm so sleepy and bloated. I spent the whole morning feeling well, feeling light, and now I feel terrible. Not sure if it's the Diet Coke, or my typical autoimmune crash, but I do not like how I feel after I drank that. And I felt like if I had continued to eat and drink as I had (high raw), I would have continued to feel alert and well.
11-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah baby!! can totally understand why you feel like you do after drinking "battery acid"....lol That's what I consider any kind of pop! I figure anything that can strip rust off metal and take dead bugs off windshields without so much as scrubbing shouldn't be put into our bodies.
I only drink water....well some tea too but that's mostly water. I haven't drank pop in about 4 years. I find that it's so sweet it hurts my teeth!
You learned a good lesson so now you'll only drink what makes your body feel good.
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Is there sugar in diet cokes? I know in regular soft drinks, they have something like 9-12 teaspoons of pure white sugar, not including the high fructose cane syrup they also add to them. I bet they still include sugar in the diet coke, whether they own up to it or not. Or maybe it's the substitute chemical that you were sensitive to. Sounds like you experienced a blood sugar episode -- you crashed and burned and felt it even more acutely because of your awareness of how good it feels to be raw. These little detours we take are a good thing. I believe it makes us even more aware of what a difference it makes to eat high energy raw foods. You really can't deny what you're experiencing now when you eat both types of food, cooked or raw.
I find the more raw foods I eat for sustained lengths of time, generally the quicker I feel like crap when I eat something unraw!
11-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Oh yeah baby!! can totally understand why you feel like you do after drinking "battery acid"....lol
I haven't had it for many years myself. Mechanics do actually use it to clean up car engines and batteries. A mechanic friend of mine orders it by the case and keeps it in his garage. ha.
The CHP (calif highway patrol) uses gallons of pop to wash the blood off asphalt and freeways after serious motor vehicle accidents. It's the only thing that works really well.
I guess it's doing the same thing in the digestive tract and colon...burning it up. :eek:
11-03-2007, 03:41 AM
It's cool (in a way) to revisit my old habits. I have such adverse reactions now to things that didn't even phase me before. It makes me feel very pro-raw! Congrats!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.