View Full Version : day 16 on all raw but still no energy?
08-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I Have Read So Much Material About The Amount Of Energy I Will Have On This Diet But Going Into My 16th Day I Have No Energy And Still Needing 8-10 Hours Sleep Every Night. I Work Standing On My Feet, 8 Hours A Day And The The Tempature In Alabama Has Been 101 For The Past Week Maybe These Are A Facture. Could I Still Be Detoxing? And These Benifits Will Come Soon? Monday I Weighed And I Have Lost 10 Pounds!!!!!
But I Am Looking Forward To The Energy!!!! Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions Of What I Could Do?
08-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Yep, detox!! Just hang in there, it DOES get better ~ Cathy
08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
I concur with what Cathy said. It WILL come. 16 days is not that long of a time considering a life-long time of eating SAD/CRAP. Drink plenty of water. Rest when you are tired. Continue to eat 100% raw - it WILL come.
Your body is going through a lot right now. Transition/detox, it's a LOT. You'll be fine...
08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I needed to hear this myself, since I just started feeling a little tired.
08-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Here's a little (raw) food for thought:
- (edited in later to say..."As VeganforLife said..." - we were typing at the same time) ...16 Days on raw is GREAT (congrats on that!) but it's still not a long time at all compared to the time period in which you ate cooked food and the time it took to get to the point of having low energy levels
- Everyone is different. For some, weight loss comes almost instantly and for others, it takes a while. Same with the energy boost...for some, it comes almost as soon as they start raw and for others, it may take longer. I was one for whom it took longer. I didn't feel my "surge" until around the 3rd month or so. But I later realized that...
- Our bodies are very, very wise! It's been said that healing and cleansing takes place when we are in a rested state. Oftentimes there could be internal healing taking place that we don't even know about and are not even aware of so if need be, our bodies will cause us to rest (or feel the need to rest - tiredness) more so than WE think it should in order to accomplish what it needs to do. Same with holding onto weight - our bodies will release the weight when IT feels it's time, after it's done taking care of the "more important" things that we are sometimes not aware of.
- How fast or slow things (such as an increase in energy) happen can sometimes also depend on our past eating habits, our history with meds, our past lifestyle choices (if we've ever done drugs, consumed massive amounts of alcohol, etc.) - sometimes all of that will have to resurface and be cleaned out first before other things begin to happen.
- Detox/cleansing is an ON-going process...it doesn't turn on and then turn off never to occur again. We are constantly in contact with or exposed to things our bodies will have to detox from be it food, pesticides even if we eat or try to eat organic at all times, the water we drink, the air we breathe, environmental things at work or at home or where ever we go.
So, in essence, the best suggestion is good 'ole patience! Learn to trust the process...learn to trust your body so long as you're giving it the best possible fuel which is raw and living food!
08-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Congrats on doing this for 16 days and the weight loss!
I felt more energetic during the first week, but I usually have a couple days out of every week where I am very tired. Then again, I seem to only sleep 4-6 hours a night. I can't sleep any longer than that. Before I started this, I'd sleep 6 hours, but not a restful sleep. Now it is more restful.
You are standing up all day, so you are probably using more energy than the rest of us who sit for most or all of the day when we're working. Sooner or later, you will have the extra energy too. I think if you can sleep 8-10 hours a day, then do it. You are doing great!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.