View Full Version : Apple recipes
08-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone! I just received a BUNCH of fresh apples and pears from a friends' tree. Is there any kind of raw apple recipes that freeze well? I'm going to juice, make raw apple sauce, and dehydrate some, but in order to use them all before they go bad, I need to do something else. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!
08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I found this today searching for recipes:
Caramel Apple Cobbler
1 c. walnuts
1 c. pitted dates
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
1 c. dates
1/4 c. agave (optional)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
5-6 apples for slicing
1. Place ingredients for the caramel topping in the food processor and blend until creamy. Set aside.
2. Place the apple filling ingredients into the blender and blend until creamy. Taste it and see if you want it sweeter. If you do, then you can add the agave.
3. Thinly slice the 5-6 apples and place in a casserole dish or pie pan.
4. Add the apple filling to the sliced apples and mix in gently.
5. Place caramel topping over the top. I like to take big balls and flatten them in my hands and then put it on the top but you can crumble it too.
6. Place in dehydrator and dehydrate for 12-24 hours.
You can also add some candied walnuts on top when you serve this. Just coat some walnuts in agave and let sit for about 30 minutes. Then place them on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate until dry.
08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
oh your so lucky.
You can make
Waldorf salad with apples, spinache and walnuts
08-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Here are a few links:
Apple Pie Smoothie
Make this Cobbler (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15796&highlight=apple) except substitute apples.
Carrot Cake Cookies (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=28746&highlight=apple) using apple juice.
Caramel Apple Bars (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24046&highlight=apple)
Mediterranean Almond Bread (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21021&highlight=apple)uses some apple.
Apple Slices with Caramel Cream (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15941&highlight=apple)
Apple Candy (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=22419&highlight=apple)
Raw Apple Cake (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21924&highlight=apple)
Cherry Apple Muffins (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=20914&highlight=apple)
Many recipes including Waldorf Salad (http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7371&highlight=apple)
MaRaw's Apple Cobbler (http://therawtable.com/recipecoll/applepie.htm) and it is GOOD with ice cream (or without it;) )
Apple Cookies (http://goneraw.com/recipes/30-Apple-Cookies) with a picture
Also try Alissa's apple pie in the book. How about some fruit leather? And apple sauce with LOTS of cinnamon is always yummy.
Hope this helps.
08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Thank you so much for the recipes! I'm excited to get started!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.