View Full Version : Need a recipe for Chocolate Syrup/Sauce
06-26-2007, 06:44 PM
I need to make some chocolate sauce to top off my raw ice cream.
I have some raw cocoa powder.
Any ideas on how to make the sauce?
Also, I need ideas for toppings. So far I have...
06-26-2007, 06:57 PM
1 c carob (or cacao) powder
2 c water (approx.)
1-2 Tbs sweetener (honey, agave, etc.) or 1/2 tsp stevia
Vanessa's Raw Chocolate Sauce
* 1 c. maple syrup* (grade B if you have it)
* 1/2 c. agave nectar
* 6 Tbls. raw cacao nibs
* 2 Tbls. cacoa powder**
* 1 Tbls. virgin coconut oil
* 1 tsp. nama shoyu
* seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean (optional)
Place all ingredients in your VitaMix and blend on high for approx. 30 seconds until smooth. This sauce can be used for many things.
*Agave nectar can be used in place of the maple syrup. It just won't give it as much depth of flavor as the maple syrup does. **Carob powder can be used in place of the cocoa powder, or you can do half carob, half cocoa.
Also, other ideas for toppings are:
- Pineapple Sauce
- Caramel Sauce (there are recipes for caramel sauce here on the forum)
- Praline (where you'd coat nuts with maybe sweetener, vanilla and a little sea salt and perhaps some cinnamon - dehydrate until dry and crunchy (hopefully it'll get crunchy...I'm sure after refrigerating it probably would) and then have that as an additional nut topping)
- Goji berries (expensive, though)
Man...I REALLY need to plan a trip to where your cafe' is!
06-26-2007, 07:36 PM
always at my rescue Cherie :)
Yeah..it's gonna be nuts after we start offering the non dairy ice cream.
It's made from cashew milk...SOOOO GOOD !!
The cheesecakes are flying off the shelves too.
People who are not even raw fooders are loving all the desserts.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.