View Full Version : Raw while travelling to other countries
05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for keeping the food clean while travelling to other foreign countries?
I'll be travelling to asia, latin american countries ... any ways to "disinfect" the food if I order a salad in a restaurant?
Thanks for any help!
05-04-2007, 10:49 AM
wow, this is a tough one. i've travelled a fair bit and although some places are easier than others...you could have a tough time.
asia and latin america, i'd say are really tough ones (especially asia). of course it's not that these people arn't clean, it's just what's in their water (parasites, often) that the vegtables are washed with.
- i suppose if you make sure all veg and fruit are completely dried before eating.
- maybe take a couple bags of your own nuts??
- take a couple bottles of probiotics (you could take them every day to up your immune system...also take lots if you get diariea - don't think of this as a detox symptom when your travelling)
- if you do need to eat something cooked...bring a bunch of high quality enzymes
- when you get home...might be worth doing a parasite cleans.
asia, in particular is tough. everyone i know who have gone to india or china found they came back with parasites.
check with a profesional on this one. i'm sure there's a way you can manage (eat lots of fruit with that have peels?)
have an awesome trip..those are amazingly beautiful places.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.