View Full Version : hamentaschen recipe anyone?
03-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Purim is quickly approaching for those of us that are jewish and I was wondering if anybody had a raw hamentaschen recipe that they would mind sharing??
03-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh yum, I wish I had one. I am working on a recipe for raw kasha varnishkes though :) I will post it when it is ready!
03-09-2005, 11:43 AM
here you go guys, its from my book living on live food.... if you dont have it already: if you figure out the raw kasha varnishkes please send them to me :D im stilll working on a few like krepla (sp) but i couldnt even eat those when i was a vegetarian and havent had them since i was aobut 15 but they were my favorite...
Traditionally filled with a prune or poppy seed filling, this is like a Jewish pop tart!
2 cups sprouted wheat berries
1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
3/4 cup water
2 cups prunes, pitted and soaked for at least 2 hours
1 2 Tablespoon poppy seeds
For the Wrapper:
1. In a food processor, blend wheat berries, dates, and water until smooth.
2. Remove mixture and place on a Teflex sheet on top of a mesh dehydrator screen. Smooth the mixture out into an 1/8 inch thick square.
3. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for a couple of hours until strong enough to flip over. Dehydrate again for another few hours until wrapper is solid, but not hard.
4. Remove sheet from food processor and immediately slice into large squares before the wrapper cools.
1. In a food processor, blend prunes until creamy. Add in poppy seeds and blend until mixed thoroughly.
1. Place a thin layer of prune mixture on top of the wrapper squares.
2. Fold wrapper corner to corner to make a triangle, sealing the edges by squeezing them together.
3. Dehydrate finished hamentaschen triangles at 105 degrees for another few hours, until solid.
This is so simple and it reminds me of the Jewish holidays!
2 cups almonds
1 cup honey
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
1. Cut apples into large chunks. Place apples in a food processor and pulse chop into finely diced pieces.
2. Remove apples from food processor and set aside in a large bowl.
3. Grind almonds in food processor until fine.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend well.
5. Remove from processor and place in bowl with the apples. Mix well.
03-09-2005, 12:27 PM
thank you allisa. your book and DVD are first on my list of stuff to buy unfortunately we just dont have much money at the moment. Hope to get it soon though!!!
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I was going to start a new thread asking about Hamentaschen, but did a search first...
Bumping this up for anyone who is interested.
Anyone come up with anything else?
How about those Kasha Varnishkes, blue_sky. Are you still with us? I'd love to see a recipe for that!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.