View Full Version : Any Helpful Hints?
01-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I am just about to embark on this new adventure. I am a little scared, and hopeing that someone can help me get started. I have been a vegatarian for about 3 months now, but the raw food diet will be a new thing. Please send me helpful tips and ideas. My husband is going to do this with me, and we both live very busy lives so I need this as user friendly as it can. Thanks for your help..
01-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes. Good Question. Some tips:
1) PREPAREDNESS should be your watch word. Eat before you leave the house, bring a snack bag, and eat when you return. Don't show up someplace hungry and think you are 'forced' or 'have' to eat crap.
2) Regulate your own detox by eating heavier raw foods (nuts and avocadoes) or light transitional foods to slow your detox.....or lighter fruits and fruit juices....or light fasting to speed up your detox....as you are comfortable.
3) Don't make anyone else responsible for YOUR dietary habits. Be an example to others. Don't depend on others to feed you. Bring your own fruit platters to parties and events to assure that you have something to eat. Be prepared to NOT eat at many restaurants...rather than expect them to 'accomodate' you fully.
4) In social situations, simply say that you are on 'a special diet of just fresh, uncut fruits'. This kind of food is usually far safer - and you can be sure it's raw. If they cannot provide uncut fruits - I would simply avoid eating at a restaurant.
5) When going out with friends: Simply make it clear to all friends and family that you are there to support THEM - not to eat. Ha! ha! Just let make that very clear - and don't elaborate. If asked, just say you are not hungry.
6) Avoid entirely even mentioning 'raw' or 'raw food diet' unless asked politely, privately, and one-on-one.
-Just some tips...which I hope are helpful to you.
-David Z. Mason
01-31-2007, 11:23 AM
David gave you some great pointers.
If you are going 100% right away, go ahead and clean out all your cupboards and refridgerator! There is no reason to keep temptation around. :-)
Be sure to stock up on all the raw stuff you really like and always have plenty of raw food in the house and always take a lot more food than you think you will need when you go out.
Write a list of all the reasons you want to go raw and look over it often to remind yourself what you are trying to accomplish.
You will do great!!!
Wishing you all the best,
02-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Thank you for the great tips. I was a little worried about eating out, but I think I get the idea. It does take a lot of preperation, but anything that is worth it is always a lot of work. Thanks again!
02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Yup prepare and have things handy. This is my biggest issue. I fall back and eat cooked foods if I run out of raw.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.