View Full Version : Mold in Sprouts?
01-22-2007, 04:11 AM
Hi everyone! I'm wondering if anyone knows what it feels like to eat sprouts that have a bit of mold in them. I ate some sprouted quinoa for lunch today, but I spent the late afternoon and evening feeling slightly nauseous with a general yuck feeling in my body and bad taste in my mouth. I don't think the quinoa was moldy, but that's the only thing I can think of (unless I'm getting a cold...??) - any ideas?
01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
No idea....but I sure hope you feel better soon, Sweetie!
01-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I certainly believe mold can cause a "yucky" feeling. My brother is a master grower(wheat grass and sprouts). I just drank his juice for a week and never got sick. As opposed to the wheatgrass from the health food store, which always makes me nauseous. If you are sprouting it yourself, take a look at his website, it may answer some questions..
01-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Something I learned that will stop mold from growing is, while you are rinsing the sprouts as they are sprouting, put a tiny pinch of pure ascorbic acid in the rinse water.
It kills mold cold!
It's just natural Vitamin C. You can get it in powder form in a health food store.
01-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Or 10 sea water (or a little sea salt) in the soak water. The plants take up the extra minerals and taste better too. Best of all no mold!!!
01-22-2007, 05:42 PM
That's great. That's really great. Thanks everyone - so nice of you. I felt much better after a good night's sleep, but I guess I'll be throwing out the rest of the quinoa sprouts, just in case. bummer :(
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.