View Full Version : I need some advice...
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I have my surgery consult on January 4th to remove the cyst I have in my left ovary. After everything I've read about raw, I'm having second thoughts about having it. I feel that maybe if I keep up with raw the cyst will die down on its own. So I wanted to ask the doctor when I go if it's possible to hold of on the surgery for a few more months, and have another ultrasound before resorting to surgery. What do you guys think?
BTW, the doctor said the cyst is the size of a baby's head. (I'm assuming a newborn ;) ) and it has sickened areas. I should also add, that I have absolutely no pain or anything. The only reason I went was so I can see what was preventing me from conceiving. It was an ultrasound they decided to do before I went to the fertility doctor.
Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me!
12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow...that's a pretty large cyst! Well, in all honesty, no one here can (nor should, IMHO) really tell what you should do in this situation...this is something that you have to decide based on: 1. Your faith in the ability of your body to heal itself... 2. Your faith in God or whatever higher power you succomb to if any...and 3. What is in your own heart and gut to do.
I mean, there is definitely the potential for the cyst to shrink/vanish simply by eating a clean, raw diet and staying away from things that may have caused the cyst to develop in the first place but YOU have to feel secure in that.
So, talk to your doctor (s/he may tell you yay or nay but still bear in mind that if the doc doesn't have experience with someone who has eaten an all raw diet who had a cyst, then they really don't know if it will or won't be able to go away without surgery)...so again, the ball really is in your court in terms of what to do and whose report you believe.
We can all say, "If it were ME, I'd ___________" but then again, none of us really....REALLY knows exactly what we'd do unless we were in that situation. I'm sure my vague answer probably didn't help much, but it's just what I felt I should say. Perhaps someone else might come and tell you a more direct answer...but still, please just be sure for your-SELF after you've heard advice of those from whom you seek it.
12-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks Rawkinlocs! I am sure that I want to at least try and mention this to my doctor. I just want someone to tell me that it sounds like a good move to wait it out a bit or to say "Are you out of your freakin' mind?" If anything, I can still get a second opinion and that should by me some time. But I do feel it in my heart that I want to wait a little bit, but I'm not sure if it's just my nerves or my gut feeling. :)
12-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow, I don't know what to tell you except that I will pray for you to be guided into the right decision for your situation. Blessings and my best wishes to you.
12-30-2006, 04:21 PM
I completely, wholeheartedly agree with what Rawkinlocs said. YOU have to make this decision based on what your body/mind/heart is leading you to do.
If it were me, I would go on a 100% raw low fat fruit based vegan diet and give it six months to a year. :-) I would have full confidence in a full recovery.
12-30-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm sure you could contact a successful doctor who doesn't believe in cutting-out-the-problem but recommends changing the diet & healing yourself naturally.
In the 70s, my mom's best friend was scheduled for surgery to remove large lumps (tumors) under her scalp. She followed a strict diet & the tumors went away.
175 days RAW!
Sharon in Colorado
12-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I would weigh the seriousness of it and also my own seriousness of helping my body in healing it.
If this is a non-life threatening situation, then I personally would undergo a long spiritual water fast, followed by a juice fast and a very strict low-fat raw diet, combined with a lot of movement, an ample amount of fresh air, sunshine etc.
However if this was truly a threat to my life, I would probably pray about having it taken care of by the most knowledgeable health care professional within my means.
This is what I would personally do.
12-30-2006, 06:45 PM
-At time of unforseen crisis (health or otherwise) in your life, it is my opinion that that is NOT the time to try to undertake a radical change in diet or lifestyle.
-The above advice by Rawkinlocs and others is spot on. Consult closely with your health professional. Do the research. Get through your crisis in the manner that you determine will be most helpful to you. Then pursue your health goals in a conscious and non-crisis manner.
-What do you think?
-David Z. Mason
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.