View Full Version : Okay a tad confused over here!!
11-07-2006, 04:21 AM
I got told today by a certified trainer/physician that a cardio workout even if its only for 30 mins is a silly way to try and lose weight-she said I needed to build my strength with weight training and when I'm at a sufficient lean muscle weight then I can do cardio....huh?????? :confused: I thought all this jogging and eliptical stuff I'm doing before my weights session was a balanced workout for weightloss....anyone have any thoughts????
11-07-2006, 06:02 AM
I got told today by a certified trainer/physician that a cardio workout even if its only for 30 mins is a silly way to try and lose weight.
1) Cardio increases metabolism and circulatory response, which is good for weight loss.
2) Strength training increases muscle. Muscle increases metabolism, which is good for weight loss.
3) Any trainer with some actual brains would tell you to rotate your workouts.
11-07-2006, 06:51 AM
4. You should do a combo session a few days a week, weight train for 30 min, cardio for 30.
5. If weight loss is your goal bump cardio to 60 and do some calistentic type exercises while doing cardio.
11-07-2006, 07:46 AM
I agree that you need to do both. They compliment each other.
11-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Go with what you feel works best for you.
11-07-2006, 10:28 AM
My girlfriend lost 40 pounds in 1 year by walking on a treadmill 30 minutes a day and watching what she ate. That was the only thing she did. She didn't do weights because she doesn't like them. She also stayed away from high fat and high sugar foods. So I think it is possible to lose a lot of weigh by doing cardio only 30 minutes a day. She has kept this weight off by continuing to walk daily ( again a minimum of 30 minutes)
11-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Thanks everyone-I will stick to including my cardio in my exercise-I makes me feel real good anyways!! :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.