View Full Version : Raw restaurants in NYC...please help
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm just sooooo excited. I'm in Nashville and fogetabout finding a RAW restaurant here :rolleyes: I'm going to NYC in Dec. and am staying @ 55 Church Street
New York, NY, Hilton Millenium. I'm meeting 3 very very SAD but happy friends and I've already checked that Pure food and Wine is 2.49 miles from us :D If anyone has some pricing info on them I'd appreciate it, cause I know the only way I'm gonna get my friends there is if I treat. Also if ya know of any other places close by to catch juice, especially wheatgrass and breakfast I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks a bunch ;)
10-15-2006, 08:43 PM
It just so happens that I have a LIST that I keep in my purse so I will always know where the Raw places are when I happen to be in the City!
1. As for prices at Pure, it is not cheap. I do believe the prices are on the website, www.purefoodandwine.com. If not, I think dh and I spent about $100 on dinner for the 2 of us: 3 appetizers, 1 entree, 2 drinks and 2 desserts.
2. Pure Food and Wine also has a take-away place for juices, smoothies, desserts and some packaged stuff around the corner from the restaurant at 125 1/2 17th St between Irving Place and 3rd Ave.
3. Bonobos is a very simple raw place with a counter and a few tables:
18 E. 23rd at Madison Ave.
4. LifeThyme Market is a healthfood store with an abundance of prepared and packaged raw food:
410 6th Ave bet 8th and 9th
5. Caravan of Dreams - cooked and raw vegan restaurant:
405 E. 6th bet 1st and Ave A
6. Qunitessence - raw restaurant
263 E 10th bet 1st and Ave A
7. High Vibe - this is the store I order my raw supplies from. I have never been to the actual store:
138 E 3rd bet 1st and Ave A
You will also find little neighborhood markets and push-carts on almost every street with tons of fresh produce. Many also make fresh-squeezed juices. There are several Whole Foods too - look on their website for location. Maybe the closest to your hotel is in Union Square, not sure?
Btw, it's cold here already - bring a coat! :D
10-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Have a Wonderful time and enjoy your friends, hope they love RAW........
10-16-2006, 01:22 AM
I live in NYC. Pure Food and Wine is WAY too expensive.
Bonobos and Lifethyme are more lunchy type places.
The best restaurant ever is Caravan of Dreams. Every SAD person I've taken there has loved it. MY 15 year old nephew adored the unchicken nachos (cooked) and I got to eat my raw yummies ;)
10-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh my, y'all are just the best, thank you!!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.