View Full Version : I think we need a "thread of encouragement"
07-22-2006, 10:14 PM
motivation, guidence, inspiration, reassurance, support, help, hope, comfort, relief.. whatever you want to call it! if you have any words/advice/quotes/articles that will help people stay raw or think about transitioning to raw, i think it'd be great if they were posted here. :)
just a thought, I know it would help me if i was feeling down or craving cooked.
:D :D :D :D
Sharon in Colorado
07-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Here's a few ideas when a craving hits:
1) Eat a banana or two.
2) Drink a glass of water.
3) Take a walk.
4) Call a friend. Not for support, but for conversation. It will get your mind off your craving.
5) Tell yourself you can have "xx" in 2 hours. Then do the same in 2 hours. By then your craving will either disappear or you'll be distracted.
6) Read a book.
7) Make a list of things that need to be done around the house. Start on the easier stuff first. Usually when you're super-busy, you don't think about eating as much.
07-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Since being Raw:
* my skin is clearing up
* I have more energy
* my temperament has calmed and my mind is clearer AND
* the severe chronic pain that I've had for almost 2 1/2 years has essentially disappeared. I only have had a few flare-ups!!!!!!!
How's THAT for motivation!!!!!!!!
07-22-2006, 11:00 PM
that's GREAT motivation! thanks for sharing :)
07-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Since going 100% raw I have been off my thyroid meds and according to my morning tempetures I am doing totally RAWSOME!
07-22-2006, 11:24 PM
All my life I have been extreamly intolerant to hot weather - so much so that I get migrains & throw up at the smallest exposure.
TODAY. . . at 95 degrees. . . I cannot believe what happened. . .I sat out in the sun; I vacuumed the house; I took the kids to the park and NO HEADACHE and NO SICKNESS!!!!! :eek: This is truly life altering . . . Raw is giving me my life back!
07-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I completed a list of 32 tasks I had been trying to get done over the past year.
It took me 8 days after going 100% raw. :eek:
This included putting away some laundry for my son. . .which he had since grown out of - lol!!!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.