View Full Version : Honey Nut Seed Crunch
04-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Anyone know how this is made? I just bought 3 large squares of this and it is yummy!
From the looks and taste of it it has sunflower seeds, flax seeds and almonds binded together with honey. Anybody making this themselves? If so how do you make it.
04-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Alissa has a nut brittle recipie in her book, that has almonds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds... page 511. If you don't have her book...
3 c. almonds, sprouted (just soaked overnight works)
3 c. sunflower seeds, sprouted (again, soaked overnight)
3 c. sesame seeds
2 c. honey
1. Place almonds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and pulse chop for only a few seconds until the almonds are broken up into large pieces.
2. Place almond and sunflower seed mixture into a large bowl.
3. Add in sesame seeds and honey and mix thoroughly.
4. Place on a Teflex sheet on top of a mesh dehydrator screen and spread about 1/8 inch thick.
5. Dehydrate for 24 hours at 105 degrees.
This will be flexible when you take it out of the dehydrator but will firm up a bit as it cools off.
Happy creating! :D
04-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Boysenberry...thanks alot for the recipe. What I bought yesterday tasted soo good...it got me through my sugar craving which was a blessing. I just purchased Alissa's DVDs and book lastnight before going to bed....I'm SOOOOOOOO excited!!!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.